Kaporos Chicken Rescue Begins:
Please Donate to This Heroic Rescue Operation!
The Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos has gratefully received a matching gift of $6,500 for our $13,000 Kaporos chicken rescue operation in New York City, which begins officially Sept. 21st and continues through the month until every suffering chicken we find crated or abandoned in the streets has been saved.
Our team has secured homes for over 300 Kaporos survivors this year, and will be transporting them as far west as Utah and as far East as Vermont. The team is made up of rescuers and caregivers with up to 7 years' experience specifically rescuing NYC Kaporos chickens.♥
The $13,000 will cover:
- Veterinary care for the most compromised birds. We are managing these costs by arranging discounts with qualified avian vets, and by having experienced carers providing broad medical care free of charge to every bird. However, there are always some birds with compound fractures or severe infections who require multiple costly vet visits. Receipts will be posted for transparency.
- Transport of the survivors all over the US! While the drivers are volunteering their time, we will need to cover the basic costs of gas and occasional rental of a larger vehicle.
- Sanctuary stipends. We will provide stipends to smaller sanctuaries who have a smaller donor base to call upon, so that they can more comfortably transition the birds into their care! Donation receipts will be posted with permission of the recipients (be aware that some may wish to remain confidential).
- Medical and care supplies for our Triage center and two foster houses. Every bird will require medication, food, water, and supplements to help them recuperate from their traumatic lives first at a factory farm and then in the streets of NYC! Some birds will require bandaging and wound care. Updates and receipts to be posted for transparency.
How to Donate to “Official Kaporos Rescue” 2020:
- Donate through the Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos website.
- Donate on Facebook.
Send Check or Money Order for “Official Kaporos Rescue,”
payable to the Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos, to:
United Poultry Concerns
PO Box 150
Machipongo, VA 23405-0150
Learn more about this year’s campaign:
Animal Rights Group Plasters Anti-Kaporos Posters Throughout NYC
15 September 2020
The chickens are being rescued from this:
Thank You for helping us save 300 Chickens
from Kaporos suffering and death in 2020!
United Poultry Concerns & the
Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos